Fasting

Fasting

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Meditate

Psalm 119:15-16

15 I meditate on your precepts and consider your ways.
16 I delight in your decrees;
I will not neglect your word.

Meditate literally means to "self talk." Have you ever caught yourself, and realized that you were talking...to nobody but you? I must admit, it's kind of an awkward feeling at first. Sometimes when I'm looking for something that I've lost, or trying to remind myself of why I'm in a certain place, I'll ask myself questions (or talk to myself) to help me remember what I'm doing.

In the same way, meditation is that important part of prayer where we begin to speak out what we know to be true about God, as well as listening to hear his voice. We need to continually remind ourselves of God's goodness, love and power in our lives.

So I say to you and me today (and I'll say it out loud), that nothing can separate us from the love of God (Rom 8:38-39)...and God can do ANYTHING, far more than we could ever imagine (Eph. 3:20).


- Wes Morris

No comments:

Post a Comment