Fasting

Fasting

Friday, January 14, 2011

What are you looking at?

It's a good question - no, it's a great question! What are you looking at? Perhaps one of the greatest prayers that we could pray would be the one of Moses as he is on the mountain top with God. After a discussion about where they would go from there, Moses says in Exodus 33:18 "...I pray You, show me Your glory!" God carves out a cleft in the rock, places Moses in the cleft, and then passes by proclaiming His Name and allowing Moses to see the backside of Himself - WOW!
Now, I ask myself the question today, "What would change in my life if instead of looking at the world around me, I could behold the Glory of God?" What would happen in your life if, today, you would behold His absolute goodness and hear Him speak His Name to you? I believe everything would change! Why don't you pray with me today...

"Father, let me - let us, like Moses, first of all, cry out for the revelation of Your Glory. And then let us see You with unveiled spiritual eyes. Let us behold the most beautiful sight of all - that is You. Even as the Psalmist David said, "...to behold the beauty of the Lord and to inquire in His Temple." Let us sing again, "Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face. And the things of earth will grow strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace". Father, it is true, if we can see Your glory then our hearts and minds will receive new strength...our perspective will be altered eternally...our lives will be changed! God, this is my cry...this is our prayer today, in Jesus' Name! Amen.

Be blessed today as you behold the Glory of God in prayer.

~Pastor Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment